Thursday, October 28, 2010

day off, time to pumpkin pick!

what a gorgeous day in NYC it has been, and I could want nothing more for today to turn out to be just as beautiful as yesterday. I finally have a day off! all to myself, something I haven't had in a few months, to say the least.

I am excitingly planning to go pumpkin' picking with my lova lova and am wondering if there are any "tips" of picking the perfect pumpkin. NOT that I care if my pumpkin is anything from perfect, but just curious!

Here are some fun(ny) things I came across on the internet and some of my happy thoughts to go along with.

Select a pumpkin that is completely orange. NO, I want a purple one. duhhhh

Size is an important factor. Medium pumpkins are best for pumpkin carving. Small pumpkins are better for cooking. Actually, good to know--considering I'd like to do both with my pumpkins when I get home.

Do not pick a pumpkin that is too big for you to carry, especially if you have back problems. NO Words. .

Do not lift or carry a pumpkin by it's stem. The pumpkin stem gives it character.

If you are out in the pumpkin patch picking a pumpkin:

Wear boots or old sneakers. It could be wet and muddy in the pumpkin patch. Oh shucks, I wanted to wear my suede wedges. boo hoo

Bring a sharp knife or pruner. UM why?

No comments:

Post a Comment